Dress Code and Uniform Policy
COWAN AVENUE SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
Male and Female Polo Shirts/Blouses and Sweaters
• All polo/oxford shirts are celestial (sky) blue, white or yellow. Shirts must be tucked in at the waist at all times.
• Plain, long sleeve t-shirts under uniform shirts or blouses are acceptable.
• Shirts and blouses must fit properly and cover midriff and chest.
• Sweaters must be navy blue in color.
• All pants/shorts must be navy blue; navy blue dress pants, khakis, corduroys or jeans are acceptable.
• Pants/Shorts must be fitted at waist, crotch, and length.
• Garments must be hemmed. No banding of pant legs.
• Seams must not be cut or slit (inner or outer seam).
• Shorts must not be more than 4” above the knee and may not extend below the knee.
• Do not wear oversized clothing (larger than one size above fitted size).
• Do not wear sweatpants, warm-ups, pajama bottoms, or nylon-type material. Do not wear overalls.
• No platform, strapless, open toe shoes, or bedroom slippers.
• No gang-affiliated attire or shirts with inappropriate language or drawings.
• Hats used for sun protection must be hats that are blue, white, and/or yellow in color. No hats and caps in class; no wave caps at any time.
• No long belts, chains, studded bracelets, studded belts or neckbands.
• Hats with insignias other than Cowan are not acceptable.
Note: THE ADMINISTRATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO THE LIST OF PROHIBITED BEHAVIORS AS NEEDED.